Why won't the Droid Turbo 2 display unread badge in Verizon Messages app?
roxyhjustfish

HHow can I turn on the unread message badge counter For Verizon messenger On droid turbo 2?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid turbo 2 does not display unread badge in Verizon message app
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Verizon and Moto have worked together to remedy the issue. The fix will be included in the update due in early January.

Please note that the fix will work exclusively with pre-loaded devices. This is due to technical specifications.

So, if your app was preloaded onto your device, the fix will work for you. If you loaded the Message+ to your device, the fix won't.

Thanks,

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to answer your question. We'll need a little clarification from you. Are you referring to the small red number that appears under the contact's icon when you have not read the message that was sent to you?

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER@VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rmohney

I have the same issue. If I uninstall the messages+ update the counter comes back. It will not show up in the new update.

0 Likes
rmohney

By the way its the unread count on the messaging+ badge on the home screen.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

It's ALIEM here.  

The developers are aware of the Droid badge issue and are working with Motorola on the fix. There is nothing that can be done on your part. Once it is fixed it will be evident on your device. 

HAVE A SAFE NEW YEAR!!

ALIEM

0 Likes
rmohney

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a notification of unread messages can be frustrating, rmohney, especially when you have read all the messages already. Sometimes a message or two sneak by un noticed and the message indicator catches up to it seeing that it needs to be read. If you scroll back through all your messages, check and see if any of them show unread messages. This should clear that notification up for you in no time.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rmohney

Hi CheriS,

That issue is not that its stuck on a number its that with the latest update of messange+ I  do not get any number at all even if I do have unread messages. I am one of those people that like to see the number of unread text messages I have. I also think it would be nice if the turbo 2 had the option to have moto display flash at time intervals i set until I dismiss the notification. I leave my phone set on a desk most of the day and think it would be nice to see any missed calls and so on without having to pick it up or wave my hand over it when I walk back into the office. That's just me and for know I have removed the latest messages+ update so I do get the number.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Verizon and Moto have worked together to remedy the issue. The fix will be included in the update due in early January.

Please note that the fix will work exclusively with pre-loaded devices. This is due to technical specifications.

So, if your app was preloaded onto your device, the fix will work for you. If you loaded the Message+ to your device, the fix won't.

Thanks,

ALIEM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rmohney, I too am a big fan of the led notifications and would feel the same way you do without them. Thank you for all the information. I went back through the manual for your phone to see if there was a way to set up the led lights for notifications at all and was not able to find one. I do see that there is an update pending from Motorola that should assist you with what you are looking to have your phone do with the lights. It should be out sometime in later January, and will help with pre installed applications from what I am reading. Thank you for getting back to me today, and following up with our conversation. I apologize for mis-understanding your first message, and I am glad we were able to get you some answers. Happy New Year to you and your family, and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.  
CheriSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes