Why does Verizon treat new customers better than loyal customers of a decade?
LNPENDREY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so disappointed in Verizon. I have been a loyal customer for years! I have always paid my bill and Verizon is the only cell phone company I've ever been with. I've always referred others to you because of my good cell phone service and good experiences with you. However, I am so upset that Verizon treats new customers better than current loyal customers. I got this Moto Z Play last month because you advertised it for a $5/month and I was eligible for an upgrade. Lo and behold this was for new customers only or new lines of service when I've been with you for almost a decade!! So now I'm being charged $15/month for this phone for being a current customer! This is outrageous and I'm seriously thinking of returning this phone and canceling both my lines with Verizon since I'll obviously get a better deal elsewhere for being a "new" customer. I'm sick of this treatment. I can't believe this is how you reward your loyal customers. I've never had any complaints before, but this is ridiculous. I am giving you the opportunity to contact me and remedy this situation or I am leaving Verizon! I want the $5/month price for this phone that enticed me in the first place, the one I'd have gotten had I been a new customer who hadn't been with you for ten years (and even before that on my mom's plan when I was in high school) before I went on to graduate from law school and enter a career in public service where I serve my community and see that justice is done. I'd like the same from you.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does Verizon treat new customers better than loyal customers of a decade?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Currently the deals are for new customers or existing customers who add a new line. Next month it could be geared for existing customers. The point is the deals change all the time and you have to keep an eye out for the deals that work for you. For example, Verizon Wireless had a decent deal on Black Friday 2016 and continued to have a similar deal off and on through the end of the year .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon treat new customers better than loyal customers of a decade?
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck with the new provider.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
BRIROB99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well at least I'm not the only one. I just was caused to miss my only sons funeral due to them not helping me and not honoring their word. I was lied to and deceived on multiple occasions and now was "given" the worst phone ever and just noticed the dirty trick they played on "giving" me a second inferior phone. Now my upgrade was stolen, my protection plan i was promised is stolen and i now have over 760 days to go with a phone that was malfunctioning and a outdated [removed] right out the box. I've also had six years of service erased and other places won't honor deals my friends have been given. I'm livid and feel like I want what's owed me and NOW!!!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
DEBCHI0

Wait! You were trying to resolve a cell phone issue, and you MISSED your sons funeral?

0 Likes
BRIROB99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sure did. I was stranded and robbed. They could've helped me but only did me wrong every step of the way. They were aware of the funeral. It's like they wanted me to miss it. Now my free phone I was given cost me my upgrade until my contract is up and isn't covered with protection like I was promised. It only keeps getting worse from them.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

LNPENDREY wrote:

I am so disappointed in Verizon. I have been a loyal customer for years! I have always paid my bill and Verizon is the only cell phone company I've ever been with. I've always referred others to you because of my good cell phone service and good experiences with you. However, I am so upset that Verizon treats new customers better than current loyal customers. I got this Moto Z Play last month because you advertised it for a $5/month and I was eligible for an upgrade. Lo and behold this was for new customers only or new lines of service when I've been with you for almost a decade!! So now I'm being charged $15/month for this phone for being a current customer! This is outrageous and I'm seriously thinking of returning this phone and canceling both my lines with Verizon since I'll obviously get a better deal elsewhere for being a "new" customer. I'm sick of this treatment. I can't believe this is how you reward your loyal customers. I've never had any complaints before, but this is ridiculous. I am giving you the opportunity to contact me and remedy this situation or I am leaving Verizon! I want the $5/month price for this phone that enticed me in the first place, the one I'd have gotten had I been a new customer who hadn't been with you for ten years (and even before that on my mom's plan when I was in high school) before I went on to graduate from law school and enter a career in public service where I serve my community and see that justice is done. I'd like the same from you.

There is a little question mark next to the promotion. It specifically says new line of service required. It doesn't say new customer. The deals are geared towards growth and new lines. As an existing customer you are eligible for the promotion IF you add a new line to your account.

0 Likes