Why can't I reply to group messages?
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a FRUSTRATING problem. I just switched from iPhone 5 to a Droid Turbo 2 and can't get replies to group texts. I have used a variety of texting apps (stock app, message+, hangouts, etc.). I have de-registered my iPhone, I've taken all the steps suggested in forums that I have researched (logging out of iTunes, etc.). It does not work. I can get replies when I send individually, but in group messages, anyone on an iPhone does not show up when they reply, but they can see what I send. PLEASE help me resolve this!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Group Texts - can see replies
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long story short, the only way I was finally able to resolve it (so far, knock on wood) is by having those that I text with that have iPhones delete any and all texts that I was a part of and delete me as a contact, and I deleted them from my contacts on the Droid. I then powered off my phone, turned it back on and added them back as contacts. I sent them a group text and it worked, I was able to see their replies!! I had deactivated my iPhone almost two weeks ago, so it should not have been an issue. Their iPhones were defaulting to iMessage for my number so the only way to disconnect that link was to delete everything and start over. Not ideal since we lost texts, but ultimately resolved for me at this point.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KJKelly2602

If this is happening while getting replies from others with iPhones, It's because of iMessage.  Apple grabs your info and won't let go easily.  Ask them if their reply is blue or green, if it's blue then they are actually sending to your email address via iMessage and you'll never get the reply.  This is a pretty good article on it.

Not getting texts after switching from iPhone to Android? Here's how to turn off iMessage and fix it...

0 Likes
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long story short, the only way I was finally able to resolve it (so far, knock on wood) is by having those that I text with that have iPhones delete any and all texts that I was a part of and delete me as a contact, and I deleted them from my contacts on the Droid. I then powered off my phone, turned it back on and added them back as contacts. I sent them a group text and it worked, I was able to see their replies!! I had deactivated my iPhone almost two weeks ago, so it should not have been an issue. Their iPhones were defaulting to iMessage for my number so the only way to disconnect that link was to delete everything and start over. Not ideal since we lost texts, but ultimately resolved for me at this point.

0 Likes