Why are calls going straight to voice mail without ringing?
JFF5540
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chatted with a Verizon rep friday because calls made from phones on my plan and my home land line were being diverted directly to voice mail, even though my line was not busy.  The rep asked me to do a soft reset and checked things out on Verizon's network.  The rep then called me from their workstation and the call came through.  Thought maybe the issue was resolved.  So I tried calling from my land line and from another cell on my plan.  Neither call came through, instead they were diverted to voice mail.  Then the rep called from a regular phone and from their personal cell and both calls came through.  So I tried once again from my land line and cell, again both failed and went to voice mail.  The rep initiated a  work order and said I should hear back in 24 to 72 hours.  Well, that time has passed without any satisfaction.  Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr HD; calls diverted to voicemail without ringing?
JFF5540
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems that a setting on my account was changed which prohibited calls from restricted numbers and sent them automatically to voice mail.  As all the phones on my account were restricted numbers, I was unable to receive calls from others on my account, buy I was able to receive calls from numbers not on my account as long as they were not restricted.  After changing that setting, all was well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JFF5540
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resolved issue through trial and error.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'd need to tell us exactly what answered the question and solved the problem so that others would know and not follow this thread to a "correct" answer that had no details.

JFF5540
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems that a setting on my account was changed which prohibited calls from restricted numbers and sent them automatically to voice mail.  As all the phones on my account were restricted numbers, I was unable to receive calls from others on my account, buy I was able to receive calls from numbers not on my account as long as they were not restricted.  After changing that setting, all was well.

0 Likes
mamadeer
Enthusiast - Level 1

what has to be done to correct this? My husband has this issue when I call him from either my cell phone or the house phone the call goes right to voicemail, yet when my daughter calls him there is no problem he hears his phone ring and can get the call. please let us know what settings have to be changed. it is for a Samsung Galaxy 8+. My daughter and husband are all on the my cell phone account.

jtaylor1493
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is an old post, but maybe it can help new folks searching for an answer--- be certain that airplane mode is not active.