Unable to access home alarm....DTMF issues?
leonardyeager

I am unable to access my home alarm system with the Turbo.  It seems to be a DTMF issue.  I tried from a friends iPhone on VZN and it wouldn't work either.  I am able to access it from a landline and cellphone on other carriers.  Is this a Turbo issue or Verizon issue?  Anyone know of any work around?  I really need this to work. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to access home alarm....DTMF issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leonardyeager-

You came to the right source for answers.  What happens when you try to access the home alarm system?  Do you see an error message? Were you able to access your home alarm system before on your Turbo?  Keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leonardyeager

I am dialing in to my alarm system.  It won't recognize when I enter the code using the dial pad. The alarm system eventually just hangs up as it detects no code entered.  This is not an app. This is a phone call.  Just like entering a password for voicemail, etc.  It worked fine on my last phone  - S3 with Sprint.  It works fine from landlines and worked fine from someone else's T Mobile phone.  It wouldn't work on a friends iPhone 5 on Verizon either.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried changing the length of the DTMF tones from the default "normal" to "long"?  Go to the phone, open as if you were making a call, then go to the settings ( tap the 3 vertical dots, top right of the screen), then calls - scroll down till you see DTMF tones and adjust the length.

If neither the normal or long tones work, post back and we can troubleshot some more.

0 Likes
leonardyeager

I've already tried changing the tone length to long.  It still doesn't work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe one of the apps here - dtmf tone generator - Google Play - will solve the problem??

0 Likes
leonardyeager

Thanks so much for helping out.  I looked at a lot of these apps.  They play DTMF tones over the speaker and would allow you to play it on a landline and dial out.  I need one that works inside the phone call and transmits the tones.  I say I need that, but what I really need is for the phone to just do what it is supposed to do.  Verizon - what does my Turbo and and iPhone 5 on your network have in common when it comes to this issue??

0 Likes