Stuck on red eye screen
lelagroon

Earlier today, my phone was half turning itself off, where it would go black and it would take minutes for it to become responsive. I successfully rebooted it many times, but this time, it is stuck on the red eye screen and has been for a couple hours. I have tried holding the power button and the volume down many times and I get the same result. I have tried to press all three buttons, but nothing was different. I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stuck on red eye screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey JimmyC96, let's get those awkward looks to stop and get this phone working for you! Did you try the Soft Reset http://vz.to/1qGYJwt ? This option will definitely turn the phone on automatically. If that did not work, I would recommend a Hard reset http://vz.to/1qGZZiV after backing up your device. You can use Verizon Cloud app to back up your device, so you don't lose important information.

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lelagroon!

I'm so sorry to learn about your phone being stuck on the Droid Eye screen! Let's figure this out OK? You mentioned this just started happening, so I'd like to first ask you to remove the SIM card from the device for about 60 seconds. Then, reinsert the SIM and attach the device to the charger. Keep me posted on your results, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
nkrein
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue here, pulling the sim card out does nothing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the insight, nkrein. How long has this been going on for you? Where you able to complete a soft reset with the device? http://vz.to/1iMrbdn

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuport

0 Likes
heatherandjohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did same thing about a week ago...was on phone with Verizon for about an hour, nothing worked. They issued a new replacement, which is factory refurbished ( NOT A FAN) and so far it's ok. BUT I am back at 4.1.2 with it telling me there are no updates. Can someone help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

heatherandjohn,

I am glad that your replacement device is working for you. The most current software version for the Droid Razr is 4.1.2. Your device is currently up to date!

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
heatherandjohn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will there be an update for this phone anytime soon?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the Droid Razr is to remain on Jelly Bean/4.1.2

0 Likes
ibaron

Mine is doing the same thing. I tried all these suggestions hard, soft reset and now I am ready to just give up.  It happened after I got this text  message from 6200 //F1 TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=0,2,0; I'm Frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ibaron,

I'm sad to hear about the trouble with your DROID Razr. What was going on before you received this message? Were there any changes to your device? How long have you had this device?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes