Not receiving text messages intermittently
KristianBlair

I am having problems with my Droid Razr Maxx HD not receiving text messages intermittently.  It happens with several of my friends who's phones show the text was successfully delivered but my phone never receives the text.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving text messages intermittently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information KristianBlair! Thanks. Please try deleting message threads from your phone, then restart it, and see how messages work after that. I was surprised what a difference that made with my phone, personally.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KristianBlair - Let's get those messages delivered to you! Are these contacts also Verizon customers or with another carrier? Are you using the native Messaging app or a 3rd party download?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
KristianBlair

Mostly Verizon Customers.  One is not.  I am using the standard messaging app that came on the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing that info on your messaging issue, KristianBlair. If you're like me, you never purge anyof your message threads. I like to go back from time to time to read them for fun. If that's like you as well, it may be time to erase some of the older messages.

Do any of the missed messages have attachments (images, signatures, or other features beyond the norm)? Is the device in the sam location (your room, the basement, etc) each time you miss a message?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
KristianBlair

I have not erased message threads in a while.  For the most part, each time I miss a message it has been simply a text.  Once in a while, it has been a picture message. As for the part of the house/location.  It has been different locations. (home, work, outside)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information KristianBlair! Thanks. Please try deleting message threads from your phone, then restart it, and see how messages work after that. I was surprised what a difference that made with my phone, personally.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes