Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Mobile Browser other than Chrome?
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast

Thanks for the battery/apps-stop help folks! SusyQ, B33 and the rest. Hey, do you guys bite the bullet and use Mobile Chrome, or something else? I know, I know, Google it on my desktop. But you guys have insight to all this where mobile is concerned, thought I'd ask.

Tx!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Browser other than Chrome?
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

I use Chrome and Dolphin.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

"Bite the bullet" and use Chrome?  I use Chrome, willingly and by choice, on desktop, phone, and tablet ... it works.  I do have Dolphin and the "native" browser on my tablet (a Samsung Galaxy 2.0, 7" wifi only).

0 Likes
ox1111
Enthusiast

I use Safari, that came with my I phone. It works fine for me and I get less sights that have nothing to do with what I am looking for except for the fact they payed google to show up more often.

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast

I know, Sooz, perhaps "bite the bullet" is a bit strong. Frustration with this phone stuff leads me to excess in word and deed. I use Chrome on my desktops and workstations too. Some, anyway. Mostly Firefox and IE for Netflix. Although I might try Safari, Chrome works on my phone, but it's another one that eats power when you aren't using it. Everything eats power, can't get around it I guess. I think I'm all fixed up now though. Thanks to all!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I use the same as TB-1) For the longest Time though on my Razr Maxx's I had a 3rd choice the Build in Home Browser with my new Droid Maxx and my new Moto X  it's not there.. no third option have tried F.F. but uninstalled it soon after I got it..

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast

I may have to sit tight with Chrome. Firefox won't download into my phone "later" like it said it would. Everything is Google Play, which is now kaput on my phone. I don't care, same, same. I don't do much on the web besides one or two sites and Boston Globe anyway.Thanks, B-Three-three. Yer a good egg! All yall are!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Welcome.. b

SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

toocrazy2yoo wrote:

... Chrome works on my phone, but it's another one that eats power when you aren't using it.

I (for the most part) close the browsing windows on Chrome when I am done... there's an icon , top right, looks like pages with a number 1,2,3 - however many browser windows you have open.

Click that, you'll get a screen with all the pages in thumbnail, and you can click the X (top right corner of the thumb) to close each page, until you get a black screen waiting for you to open a New Tab.  Then exit (use the back button, or home button) so there are no open browser windows.

Here's a screenshot I stitched together showing the process I use to clear open windows:

VZW_screens.png

toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast

Yeah! Yeah, yeah! I do that! Sometimes, anyway. I discovered that I can close Chrome, force the stop and when I open it back up I go to a single new tab. I tried downloading Mozilla and Opera, they say it will install soon, they say it's installed now, but it isn't available as an app or widget. Google does a good job of keeping other browsers off their phones.

0 Likes