Mobile Browser other than Chrome?
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the battery/apps-stop help folks! SusyQ, B33 and the rest. Hey, do you guys bite the bullet and use Mobile Chrome, or something else? I know, I know, Google it on my desktop. But you guys have insight to all this where mobile is concerned, thought I'd ask.

Tx!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Browser other than Chrome?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use Chrome and Dolphin.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Bite the bullet" and use Chrome?  I use Chrome, willingly and by choice, on desktop, phone, and tablet ... it works.  I do have Dolphin and the "native" browser on my tablet (a Samsung Galaxy 2.0, 7" wifi only).

0 Likes
ox1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Safari, that came with my I phone. It works fine for me and I get less sights that have nothing to do with what I am looking for except for the fact they payed google to show up more often.

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know, Sooz, perhaps "bite the bullet" is a bit strong. Frustration with this phone stuff leads me to excess in word and deed. I use Chrome on my desktops and workstations too. Some, anyway. Mostly Firefox and IE for Netflix. Although I might try Safari, Chrome works on my phone, but it's another one that eats power when you aren't using it. Everything eats power, can't get around it I guess. I think I'm all fixed up now though. Thanks to all!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I use the same as TB-1) For the longest Time though on my Razr Maxx's I had a 3rd choice the Build in Home Browser with my new Droid Maxx and my new Moto X  it's not there.. no third option have tried F.F. but uninstalled it soon after I got it..

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I may have to sit tight with Chrome. Firefox won't download into my phone "later" like it said it would. Everything is Google Play, which is now kaput on my phone. I don't care, same, same. I don't do much on the web besides one or two sites and Boston Globe anyway.Thanks, B-Three-three. Yer a good egg! All yall are!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Welcome.. b

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

toocrazy2yoo wrote:

... Chrome works on my phone, but it's another one that eats power when you aren't using it.

I (for the most part) close the browsing windows on Chrome when I am done... there's an icon , top right, looks like pages with a number 1,2,3 - however many browser windows you have open.

Click that, you'll get a screen with all the pages in thumbnail, and you can click the X (top right corner of the thumb) to close each page, until you get a black screen waiting for you to open a New Tab.  Then exit (use the back button, or home button) so there are no open browser windows.

Here's a screenshot I stitched together showing the process I use to clear open windows:

VZW_screens.png

toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah! Yeah, yeah! I do that! Sometimes, anyway. I discovered that I can close Chrome, force the stop and when I open it back up I go to a single new tab. I tried downloading Mozilla and Opera, they say it will install soon, they say it's installed now, but it isn't available as an app or widget. Google does a good job of keeping other browsers off their phones.

0 Likes