Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Latest update has texting issues
TISH8789
Enthusiast

I had to do the latest software update this week, now I have no choices for texting except the Google app or Facebook messenger. Why did the other choices go away ? The Google app is currently showing that I have unread messages, which I don't.  Nor can I adjust colors of my texts. . when can we get a software update to fix the last software update?

Labels (2)
Re: Latest update has texting issues
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TISH8789
Enthusiast

I have a droid turbo 2 version 7

0 Likes
keenehouse

I also have a Droid Turbo 2.  I have (at least) two choices for texting.  Google Messages (blue icon) or Messages + (red icon).  Messages is the closest thing to what I was using - Messenger (green icon) but it isn't exactly the same.  Currently, it doesn't show unread message counts at all.

Not a fan of the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Motorola opted for the Google preferred text message application instead of a customized Moto application with the unread count badge for the Nougat OS.

Personally I despised the unread count badges especially if they were an ugly orange.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MICKEY8791
Enthusiast

had message + (red icon) after update it was very very slow freezing up. tried bunch of things that didn't work. Tried messages ( blue icon)  that seems to work fine