Latest update has texting issues
TISH8789
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to do the latest software update this week, now I have no choices for texting except the Google app or Facebook messenger. Why did the other choices go away ? The Google app is currently showing that I have unread messages, which I don't.  Nor can I adjust colors of my texts. . when can we get a software update to fix the last software update?

Labels (2)
Re: Latest update has texting issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TISH8789
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a droid turbo 2 version 7

0 Likes
keenehouse

I also have a Droid Turbo 2.  I have (at least) two choices for texting.  Google Messages (blue icon) or Messages + (red icon).  Messages is the closest thing to what I was using - Messenger (green icon) but it isn't exactly the same.  Currently, it doesn't show unread message counts at all.

Not a fan of the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola opted for the Google preferred text message application instead of a customized Moto application with the unread count badge for the Nougat OS.

Personally I despised the unread count badges especially if they were an ugly orange.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MICKEY8791
Enthusiast - Level 2

had message + (red icon) after update it was very very slow freezing up. tried bunch of things that didn't work. Tried messages ( blue icon)  that seems to work fine