I can't seem to send or receive pictures via text
Chell33

Ever since the recent update to my Razor, I have been having issues sending and receiving text messages with pictures attached. The phone which was originally updated also had the power button quit working so I replaced the phone via the protection plan. The replacement phone is also having the same issue.

Is there anything I can do, I don't have much time to be going to a store if there is a fix I can perform myself.

Thank-you

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I can't seem to send or receive pictures via text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chell33

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Droid Razr Maxx! I'd love to get you up & running at 100%. Are you having trouble sending pictures over WiFi or the VZW data network? Are you able to make other connections through the web browser when on VZW data? Is the power button still working on your current phone?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chell33

The power button is working on the replacement phone. I am on Wi-Fi most of

the time and unable to determine if there is a difference between the

messaging on 4G and Wi-Fi. The Samsung Galaxy on my plan is now having the

same issues with picture messages. I am going to determine as I had my

phone replaced and a completely different phone and my replacement is also

still not working this is a network issue and would appreciate a prompt

resolution.

Thank-you

Michelle

On Oct 21, 2014 11:50 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, Chell33. We want to find out what's going on here. Since picture messages require a cellular data connection, they will not be available over WiFi. If you do not turn off cellular data from your settings, the messages should still be able to send or download as long as 4G remains active in the background. Have you noticed if the picture messages are from a specific contact that both devices on your account message? Do you experience problems with picture messages in different locations?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chell33

I apologize for the delayed response, I have been busy working.. Thank you very much for your feed back. Yes, I have now noticed when I have the most trouble I am on a Wi-Fi network. I am almost always on W-Fi, I do notice the 4G is not always available or maybe never available when I am on W-Fi. How can we change that setting?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chell33,

Happy to answer that question. From your home screen, touch the menu button and go to System Settings. In the Settings menu go to More> Mobile networks. Make sure data is enabled on top. Also ensure Network mode is set to LTE/CDMA. If you you are having trouble sending picture messages while connected to Wi-Fi try turning off Wi-Fi by going to System Settings and resending the picture. Let us know if you are able to send while disconnected from Wi-Fi.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chell33

This is unacceptable, I changed the suggested settings and no luck. It is

absurd to have go turn the Wi-Fi on and off to have 4G access and receive

picture texts. This issue has been going on since the last update. I am

reading many other users are having the same issue and not happy.

Please advise what Verizon Wireless intends to do.

Thank you

Michelle

On Oct 26, 2014 2:40 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Chell33

I see I haven’t yet had are response to my last questions? Why is this, I believe as I continue to pay my outragous bill for supposedly the best service and the reason I came to Verizon in the first place we deserve some answer as to how this issue is going to be resolved. I did not have this problem when I signed up, if I did I surely wouldn’t be a customer today!! Please take the time to address my concerns as well as many others, we deserve answers.

Sincerely,

Michelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay, Chell33. Since this is intended to be a peer-to-peer forum, our responses will not usually be immediate. But we are here for you and don't want to see you regretting the decision to stay with Verizon. There was a software update available for the DROID Maxx after your initial post, so let's double check what version you have. Please go to Settings > About Phone and share the System Version listed.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Chell33

I thank-you for your response, I needed to ensure I hadn’t been forgotten. I do not have time to go spend in the store due to work and really wish to resolve this issue as it is getting on my nerves and hindering my communication needs.

My System Version is:

183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.us

Sincerely,

Michelle

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Post was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes