How do I block calls and texts on the Droid Maxx?
Steve2_0manage
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to block calls and texts from your Android Maxx like you can do on the iPhone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block calls and texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls and messages can certainly get frustrating Steve2.0manage. The Motorola Droid Maxx does have the ability to send all calls to voicemail if the number is stored in your phone book. However, you will still receive text messages. To send all calls to voicemail, tap on the contact in your phone book<tap on menu at the top right corner<all calls to voicemail. We also offer a free service called Call and Message Blocking. This feature will allow you to add a block to both call and messages on a valid 10 digit number. For more information on our Call and Message blocking feature click, http://vz.to/1BtpZTp

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can block calls through many free Google Play Store apps like WhitePagesID, Mr Number, etc....  You can block texts with Hangouts and any other messaging app that allows as long as you agree to use it as the default app for messaging.  You can also try Verizon's 5 free block and the paid service that allows more than 5 as well as pay for Family Base.

Steve2_0manage
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted calls and messages can certainly get frustrating Steve2.0manage. The Motorola Droid Maxx does have the ability to send all calls to voicemail if the number is stored in your phone book. However, you will still receive text messages. To send all calls to voicemail, tap on the contact in your phone book<tap on menu at the top right corner<all calls to voicemail. We also offer a free service called Call and Message Blocking. This feature will allow you to add a block to both call and messages on a valid 10 digit number. For more information on our Call and Message blocking feature click, http://vz.to/1BtpZTp

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes