How can I upgrade to KitKat if I don't have access to the network, but I do have WiFi?
jldude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I puchased my Droid RAZR HD in July of '12, and I believe it's on version 4.1 or 4.2, I'm not sure. I've recently been deployed overseas so I do not have Verizon service. I've checked the "check for system updates" option in the Settings menu periodically, and it keeps saying the device is up to date. However, I've been researching online, and everything that I've found seems to suggest that KitKat has in fact been rolled out for the Droid RAZR. Is there a simple link or something where I can download the update if it is in fact available for my device? This seems a lot more complicated than it should be to find this, but thanks for any help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I upgrade to KitKat if I don't have access to the network, but I do have WiFi?
Not applicable

this phone was upgraded to kitkat nearly a year ago. How was it that it hasn't already been upgraded to kitkat if you've only been out of the states just recently? I think you better check which version of android you're actually on.

0 Likes
Re: How can I upgrade to KitKat if I don't have access to the network, but I do have WiFi?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That's a great question jldude! We appreciate you being proactive about keeping your device up to date. In order to upgrade your software, you will need to be on our network. Since you're out of the States, you will not be able to until you get back. You can also try their software assistant (Motorola's), here's the link http://vz.to/1AfXuWe.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jldude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been overseas since roughly mid May last year, so perhaps I just missed the update.

0 Likes
jldude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another interesting thing, I was back in the states on leave around Halloween for a few weeks, and I definitely was on the network, not sure why it didn't automaticaly update then. Assuming the update had rolled out by then that is...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Ah! I appreciate the additional information jldude, this can help point us in the right direction to find the best resolution. Please review http://vz.to/1yUpPAD and find your device model to see when it was last updated. Then, you can view the software version you currently have http://vz.to/1k1etJ4.
The updates are pushed to the phone OTA and will receive a message, given  you had the most current software up to the point the new one was released. Are you having problems with your phone due to the software? What else are you concerned about? I'm happy to help.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes