Fake Battery death
Icekeeper90

I'm having a bizzare issue (that, ironically I traded in my Galaxy S3 because it was happening) where my battery suddenly "dies" at anywhere between 1 and 60% battery. The phone just shuts off without warning, and will not turn on until plugged in. When plugged in in greets me with a smug battery that shows empty with a lightning bolt in the middle (To say it's charging, I guess?) and then suddenly it pops back to whatever the percentage was when it shut off. Sometimes it does it off the charger, usually while running Spotify. Most often it does it ON The charger (Turbo charger or not).

The curious thing is, when i look at the battery log...I see the following.

Screenshot_2016-01-21-06-41-18.png

Those large chunks missing in my battery? Yeah those are the sudden deaths.

I got this phone when it came out...what, 2 months ago? This isn't cool...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Fake Battery death
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you restore all the same applications you had installed on the S3 to the Droid Turbo? I wonder if an application is causing the shutdowns. Try running the phone is safe mode for a day or two to eliminate any conflicts with a third party application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Fake Battery death
Icekeeper90

I did not move any applications over from one device to the other. In fact I opted to not put a lot of the ones I had on the S3 on my Turbo2, for the sake of clean operating. When the problem started I removed recent apps I had installed, but that didn't solve the issue either.

I have seen a lot of restarting issues across the forums here, and I'm wondering if anyone who has had the issue has looked at the battery log to see if it shows up as "dead"

0 Likes