Earphone jack issue
mbnick

The sound keeps shorting out when I play music or try to talk in earphones with a mic. I've been though about 5 pairs of earphones in the past week or so trying to solve this issue, but now I'm pretty sure that the problem has to do with the plug or the hardware itself rather than the earphones. Sometimes when I plug in the earphones the music plays fine initially, but then the slightest twitch of the cord or movement shorts out the sound. Like I said, at first it I thought this was an issue with the earphones, but I've been through 5 or so pairs recently and the same issue persists with each new pair. Also, when I plug earphones in, sometimes the sound doesn't come through and I have to jimmy with the plug to get it to come through the earphones.

Help!

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Earphone jack issue
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried cleaning out the earphone jack with a pipe cleaner?

0 Likes
mbnick

Yes. It didn't help. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Monday mbnick,

Music makes the world go around. I know how important it is to hear the peaceful serenity of your music while on the go. It will be my pleasure to assist in getting your earphones working for you. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the Droid Razr? The suggestion that tikibar1 gave is a great one. I suggest cleaning the port with a dry q-tip, if possible then retest. If that doesn't resolve the issue then try playing the music on speakerphone then plug the earphones in to see if the device recognize the earphones. If more assistance is needed then please advise as I'm here to help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just a Suggestion: You could also have a Broken Wire in your Headphone's the portion from the headset to the Jack have you tried them in another Device to see if the issue shows up there possibly) To check the Wire start from the Headset and work your way down in small sections bend the wire slightly to see if replicates the problem..

If it is the Device and it has a cracked input jack the Device will need to be replaced because the way the jack is Attached to the board.. It's not a repair you'll want to try on your Own.. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

My earphone jack stopped working long ago.  Not wanting to swap my phone for a refurbished one, I bought a bluetooth device instead.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup.. That will work as well i forgot to add that in my Post     thanks Horses  b

0 Likes