Droid maxx WiFi and Bluetooth conflict.
Johnsonville23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot get my Droid Maxx to connect to my home network when the Bluetooth is on.  I can stream music and then I turn on the Bluetooth to connect a speaker and in a couple minutes no data and the music stops, if I turn off the Bluetooth the music resumes through my phone.  I restarted the phone through a regular power down and holding the volume up and power button.  It also started it in safe mode and it seems to work fine, I can browse the internet with WiFi and Bluetooth on.  I have found many people with the same problem in old forumns but nothing recent.

Any help would be appreciated

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid maxx WiFi and Bluetooth conflict.
Johnsonville23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would uninstall all the apps you have installed from the app manager that

have access to your wifi connection (in the app manager you can scroll down

to permissions to see what the app can control). Document the ones you

remove and reinstall as you need them to test one by one. I also did them

in tiers based on how often I used them and then seeing if the problem was

resolved after each group (3-4 at a time). Start with the less know that

have a lot of permissions first. Good Luck!!

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Kaschneids <forums@verizonwireless.com>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Johnsonville23

Let's ensure your Droid Maxx WiFi and Bluetooth features are working as expected.

When did this problem begin?  Have you been able to use WiFi and the Bluetooth feature simultaneously in the past on this device?  Please let me know your device's current software version number http://vz.to/1zuWYDH.  Is there another device nearby that has previously been paired with the Bluetooth device?  If so, I recommend turning off the Bluetooth feature of the other device.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johnsonville23
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem started on Monday. I used bluetooth and wifi simultaneously to

stream music through a speaker almost every day leading up to the problem.

The system version on my phone is 24.13.2.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US.

There is no other device nearby that had been recently paired.

Below is a thread describing my issue

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/857608

Is there going to be a software upgrade to fix this issue?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
ljplace
Enthusiast - Level 1

After all the frustrations, had phone replaced, was under warranty still. Extremely relieved that all of the issues would be resolved.  New phone arrived, went thru the time and trouble of setting up new phone.

Unfortunately, the same exact issue. I am back to square one. This is unacceptable and can not get help from Verizon. Have not left them because all 5 family members on same plan. This might be final decision maker. Unacceptable for usage overages charges of data when it is known software issue. DO NOT GO THROUGH wasted time and frustrations of replacing phone!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnsonville23 We know how important it is to be able to stay connected when using blue tooth and Wifi. Since this issue started have had your phone forget the WiFi connection and then re-add it as a new connection? Here is a link on how to do that if you need steps http://vz.to/1KfbR5l
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johnsonville23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still having this problem. Has there been any progress to rectify

this glitch?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnsonville23 We want this issue solved for you. We totally understand the need to be able to use both those functions of the phone at the same time.

We have checked with Motorola's information on your phone and was it was not shown as  a known issue with the phone. So this would be a problem caused by either the software of the phone or the hardware.

Since this issue started have you installed any new apps on your phone? Has the phone been dropped or damaged in any way?
StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Johnsonville23
Enthusiast - Level 3

No sir. The phone is like brand new. No new apps. Seems to be a software

issue.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnsonville23,

Making sure that these two functions work properly together is always important & we regret to hear that you are still having this issue. Motorola hasn't provided us with an estimated time of a software fix for this unfortunately. I would encourage you to reach out to Motorola directly to see what other steps can be taken. You can reach them through their online chat http://bit.ly/1YnYmGK or by calling 800-734-5870.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Jamesgb75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have either of these apps installed:

Gasbuddy

Fitbit

??

There was a thread on another forum that narrowed down a WiFi dropped connection problem to these two apps. I uninstalled gasbuddy on my phone about two weeks ago and haven't had a problem since.

Let me know if you happen to be in the same situation.

-James

0 Likes