Droid Turbo Green LED boot troubles
npete
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night, I was watching a 40 minute video on my Droid Turbo using a Google Cardboard.  I have my Turbo in a cheap clear plastic case I got off of Amazon. The Turbo was getting hot as it usually does when I watch a video with Google Cardboard.  Then, in the middle of the video, the phone shut down. I suspect, it was because the battery died. I took the Turbo out of my Cardboard and plugged it in. A green LED, to the left of the front facing camera turned on. The phone would not boot.  I left it plugged in all night.  Woke up this morning to find the LED off.  I tried to boot the phone to find that it would not.  I tried aeveral more times with no luck.  I unplugged it, plugged it back in and the green LED lit up again, but it still would not boot.  I left it alone for a few minutes and finally it booted by itself.  When it finished booting, the battery indicator was at 4%. So, it had been plugged in all night but was not charging.

is there an official explanation of what the green LED means?  I tried googling for an answer but found none specific to the Droid Turbo. My guess is that it's some sort of emergency indicator.  I hope I did not damage my Turbo somehow.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo Green LED boot troubles
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last time I checked, the DROID Turbo doesn't have a LED light.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Maybe this is true.

Yes, there is an LED that works only when charging from a very low battery state. It is meant to show you that the phone is charging but that there is not enough power to turn on the display. That LED has been on both versions of the Moto X, the 2013 Droids, the Droid Turbo, and now the Moto Maxx.

Led on droid turbo(moto maxx) | Android Forums

0 Likes
npete
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last time I checked, it does.

0 Likes
npete
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cool--thank you Snn5! That makes perfect sense.