Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Droid Maxx messaging not working
IrishAyes
Enthusiast

Anyone else having problems with their Droid Maxx since yesterday, March 5?

Suddenly the phone has started acting very strangely.  When I touch an icon or try to open something, there is about a 10-12 second delay before it opens.

Also my messaging is not working.  It's saying "sending" for hours and the recipient never receives it.  Other times I open up messaging and it immediately closes with the error message "Unfortunately, messaging has stopped." 

In the box where I type my outgoing messages, it says "sending disabled."

Help?

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Maxx messaging not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

IrishAyes,

Oh no, let's get your phone to start working as it should. Did you recently download a new application that may have caused this to occur? What software version does your phone currently have? Have you tried to do a soft reset on your phone? Or to put it on safe mode? Please provide additional details so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks in advance,

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx messaging not working
mujugaba
Enthusiast

Please see if Hangouts is your default text messaging application. You can check by going to

Settings > Wireless & Networks - More... > Default SMS app

Alternately, you can use the Hangout application for both Hangout chats and text messaging if desired.

0 Likes