DROID Turbo constant reboots & randomly turns off
Lefty116
Enthusiast - Level 1

To the other peeps that are experiencing the same issue I wanted to share that I too have done all the wiping, resetting, complete reset, safe mode, etc....  and have the same problem.   I didn't realize how long it had been going on until it got so frequent the phone was down more than it was up on Sunday the 6th.   On Monday the 7th sometime in the am it shut off and when I turned it back on it appeared to be stuck in a boot loop.  It would get to the DROID screen on startup and then recycle and start all over again.  When it shut off it wouldn't come back up or if it did it did the same thing again.  Verizon store rep messed with it and tried same things I had already and got the same results.  They sent me a replacement device Tuesday 8th.   I set it up with the fewest apps and it seemed ok for a few hours.   It rebooted several times last night into today the 9th.   Very frustrated as I never remember having this issue prior to the last update.  I wanted to share my experience as I have read through the numerous threads posted by others having the same issue and haven't gotten resolution.   I'm hopeful that a fix will come through so we can go back to enjoying our phones once again. 

Labels (2)
Re: DROID Turbo constant reboots & randomly turns off
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

You mention that you set it up "with the fewest apps."  Can you say exactly what apps you installed?  I'm not saying you aren't the victim of getting a bad batch of devices, but when people say their phone constantly reboots, then they get a new or refurb and then the same thing happens, I am a bit skeptical, thinking it has to be something they are doing or installing.  I have a Turbo and know others that have them and have never had reboots (OK, not really never...one time Chrome froze a few weeks ago and I kept pushing buttons and it did reboot on its own).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Droid Turbo is a remarkable device. I am sorry that you are having issues with it. I want to get your Turbo up and working so you can enjoy your Turbo. I, too, have this device and I am not experiencing the issues you are describing. Since this is happening with not just one device but two devices, this points to a software conflict with an application. Do you have any apps from unknown sources? When you put in your gmail account that carries over al the applications that were previously installed. Here is a list of high risk applications that may be part of this issue. http://vzvzo/1ewlekG

Another possible solution is to boot your Turbo into Sfe Mode. Here is how: http://vzvzo/1B0adCB To get your device out of Safe Mode, simply restart. Try these steps and keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dr_Death

I had that happen and it was actually the off button sticking.  Had to get a new phone from Motorola.  Verizon sucks with any sort of assistance.

0 Likes
Lefty116
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello again-- Thanks to those who responded to my original post!   I wanted to update-- so the replacement device I received also did the same as my original device.  I took suggestions and put the phone into safe mode.  Of course being in safe mode you can't use any 3rd party apps so I didn't use the phone as I normally would have so I didn't experience the freezing.  However, in safe mode the phone twice rebooted that I actually saw it happen.  In addition i also watched it shut completely off without coming back on nor did it respond to any attempt to turn on.   After about 10 minutes it came back on.   It again shut off while I was on a call and it wouldn't come back on again.  i did try a soft reset with no response so I went to Verizon Wireless store where I was greeted at the door by an employee who took the phone and it came on with a soft reset.  I explained what had been happening and they decided this replacement device was probably a refurb and defective.   They said they would request that a "new" replacement phone be shipped to me which didn't come but I did get a replacement device that I have been using for a week now and I'm happy to report NO ISSUES!!!!    no freezing, no resets, no powering off......   I was beginning to think I was crazy having the same problems with 2 phones-- but after I got the 3rd phone the only explanation is that 2 phones were defective.    Now that I am posting this I hope im not jinxing myself....LOL....   If I have any future issues, I will definitely update post.   I hope this helps someone else who may have had the same type of issues.