Charging Problems
Mashauna

My Droid Razr M starting sizzling and blinking on and off when it was plugged up charging for the evening. The phone was originally off and then I heard what sounded like a "sizzling" sound. The phone was blinking on and off, showing the battery percentage on the screen and the "M". I unplugged the phone to try another charger and it did the same thing. So I just unplugged it and the phone turned on automatically. The phone was just purchased in December as a Christmas gift and I'm surprised it would be malfunctioning already. Please advise.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Charging Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mashauna- Let's give you back the power to power your phone! Have you tried multiple wall outlets as well? Does the charging port show any signs of dirt or corrosion? I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
mjstahl95

I am having a very similar problem. I plugged my Razr M in to charge it and it kind of flashed and shut off. Ive tried several chargers and outlets (even plugged the usb cord into my laptop) While plugged in, the "motorola" icon comes up and then there is a flash and sizzle and it shuts off. It continues to do this. If I leave it plugged in for awhile and unplug it, I can turn it on but it never charges much

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mjstahl95, gotta be tough to even use the phone when it's doing that. Let's see if we can get that working for you the way it should. Try powering on in safemode http://vz.to/1j6WcW5 and let us know if it operates normally in safemode and stays powered on.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mjstahl95

It is operating OK in safe mode. I can't think of any new apps that I downloaded around the time it started happening... is there a way to find out if there is a compatibility problem somewhere?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roger that mjstahl95! If your device is operating fine in Safe Mode this would confirm that the issue is not with your device. The issue would relate to one of the applications on the device. Unfortunately there would not be a way for us to tell the exact application. The next step is to fully remove all applications. Once this is done please readd each application one by one allowing a period of time between each install until the issue resurfaces. Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes