Cal, receive doesn't work, then randomly will at times, then doesn't work again
RMJR2

Calls work sporadically, but mostly not at all.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cal, receive doesn't work, then randomly will at times, then doesn't work again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMJR2, We never want you to miss any calls. We're here to help. When did this problem occur? Let's make sure call forwarding isn't turned on. Please dail *73 send. View more details here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cal, receive doesn't work, then randomly will at times, then doesn't work again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMJR2, We never want you to miss any calls. We're here to help. When did this problem occur? Let's make sure call forwarding isn't turned on. Please dail *73 send. View more details here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/.

TrinetteW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. I have tried everything from a FDR to a new sim.  None of the attempts fixed anything and my phone is out of warranty.  Are you still having issues after the recent system update?  It is supposed to include a new system radio which may fix it??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remmnate,

We’re happy that you have reached us here for assistance. We never want for you to have trouble with your service. Your extensive troubleshooting is very much appreciated. When did this start to become a problem? What Zip Code do you live in?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

From April 29th-30th through May 2nd when I switched phones.  It worked about 10% of the time during those days at random times and with no common denominator.  It usually worked for 10-15 minutes after a restart, FDR, or the SIM swap.  Data continued to work.  It was only Calls and text.  Zip Code is 57108.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you rproviding the details of your concern Remmnate. Let's continue to investigate to get to the root cause of the issue. When you performed the factor data reset, did you test the device before re-adding your info to the device? Have you noticed a pattern with the calls & text? For example, was the issue with the same numbers?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

After performing the first FDR the only thing I added was my Google account.  Calls and texts worked for about 10-15 minutes and then they quit working.  The second time I performed the FDR I did not sign in to my Google account and had the exact same results.  It was good for 10-15 minutes and then nothing.  I did not notice any pattern.  I had 3-4 different people try to call me after each FDR  it worked right away and then the same people tried calling later and it didn't work.  Same with text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure everything is functioning as it should. May we ask how the data connection is?

KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes