4.4.2 Update to Razr MAXX HD breaks Bluetooth
Raivyn

I have been using my Razr for the past year and a half to stream from my phone to a small bluetooth receiver in my car and all worked fine. After the recent update to 4.4.2, my bluetooth has had MAJOR connection problems. The first time I try to connect the device I immediately loose the connection and have to reconnect. Not a big issue, but annoying. Once I am able to get it connected, the first 30 seconds of song are extremely choppy and stuttering. Eventually this levels out once the screen is off for a while, but every few minutes it will start again. This is a major reason I use my smartphone and something my old non-smartphone had no trouble with.

Things I have tried:

• I have performed a soft reset on my phone as other posts have suggested, no change
  • I have tried to force another update, nothing found
  • I have unpaired the receiver and after MANY days of trying to get it re-paired (another issue) nothing was changed
  • I have turned off WiFi, no change

Streaming music through ChromeCast, wired headphones or the built in speaker does not stutter, only the bluetooth connection.

What can I do? I really do not feel that a hard reset will do anything, except make me re-setup my phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4.4.2 Update to Razr MAXX HD breaks Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Raivyn,

Updates are meant to make the device sweeter! It saddens me to hear that you are having issues with your Car Bluetooth connection. I have checked known issues with Bluetooth on this device, and this issue is not listed. What car make/model do you have? The car's bluetooth system may need to updated to be compatable with the new KitKat software.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Raivyn

The bluetooth receiver is not built into the car, but a BlueFlame wireless music receiver (BlueFlame Wireless Music Receiver (BF4090) : Target). This device worked perfectly prior to the update and not after. Is there a certain BlueTooth specification I should be looking for when choosing a receiver?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Raivyn,

Thanks for details! The BlueFlame wireless music receiver may need to be updated to work with KitKat. Is there a number to contact the manufacturer on the box in the manual for the item?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes