screen goes black when on a call
AMYLAS54

When I make a phone call the screen goes black and I can't do anything. No speaker phone, no hang up, nothing...the screen is black

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: screen goes black when on a call
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the screen turn on when you press the power button?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMYLAS54

No. It doesn't do anything til the other line hangs up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your screen to end a call is important, AMYLAS54. Let's get to the bottom of this. When did this issue begin (i.e. after a software update, etc.)? If an update was the trigger, there is an update Play: http://vz.to/2scX4aJ

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with the screen losing function while on a call, AMYLAS54. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. When did this start? Do you have a screen protector on the phone? Does this happen if the call is started in speakerphone or over Bluetooth? What software version is the phone currently running? http://vz.to/2EqgBsV

0 Likes
jfdeuce1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. It usually happens when I am on the phone the screen goes black. If I am in the middle of a call I can still talk and hear the other person, but I cannot turn the screen back on to end the call or use the phone during a call.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jfdeuce1911,

We definitely want you to have all the available calls functions while on a call. Hearing that you are having this issue also is concerning but we are here to help bring the light back to your call screen. Do you notice the same thing happening when you start the call on speaker phone or with a bluetooth/headset? Has this always been the case with your phone or did it start after a software update of some kind? 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCald57444
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has started doing the same thing. What a hazel and waste of time. For what the thing cost. You would think they would have figured something out.

Re: Re:
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes