Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,565 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
October 2018 Update Not Pushing to Me.
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I am unable to get the OTA for the October 2018 Update for my Verizon Pixel XL.  I have tried to force the update with no luck.  I freed up space and also tried a reboot.  I tried on LTE and WiFi.  I have lots of battery and am on the charger.  It does not want to deploy to my device.

Is there any way to force this update without having to run through ADB?

Kent

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: October 2018 Update Not Pushing to Me.
rbh1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Goto android beta site at

https://www.google.com/android/beta Scroll down the page and make sure your device is not enrolled in, if it is remove it from beta. Wait for sometime and then click on update button 2-3 times. I did unenroll but somehow got enrolled back

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, strange. I got the update on my Pixel 1 by manually checking for the update.

Have you tried reseating the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kentman, we're sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating your device. Have you tried resetting the Network Settings on your device? If not please try these steps :

1. Swipe up to view Apps.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Scroll to and touch System.
  4. Touch Reset.
  5. Touch Network settings reset.
  6. Touch RESET SETTINGS.
  7. If prompted, enter your PIN and touch the Next icon.
  8. Touch RESET SETTINGS.

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Kbidlake

I just tried the same steps because I am having the same problem. The steps don't seem right for the Pixel 1. I don't have the option that step 5 states .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get the update and we do want to make sure that it’s working perfectly for you, Kbidlake.  It depends on what Operating System you currently have, but you can also try the following steps.

1. Swipe up to view Apps.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Scroll to and touch System.
  4. Touch Advanced.
  5. Touch Reset options
  6. Select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
  7. If prompted, enter your PIN and touch the Next icon.
  8. Touch RESET SETTINGS.

If this does not help, please let us know what Operating System version you currently have in your device.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rbh1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Goto android beta site at

https://www.google.com/android/beta Scroll down the page and make sure your device is not enrolled in, if it is remove it from beta. Wait for sometime and then click on update button 2-3 times. I did unenroll but somehow got enrolled back

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

I was "out" of the beta, and somehow, it was showing me as "in" the beta.  I toggled back to "out," and I am now downloading the update.

Thanks for the feedback.  I was perplexed for a while there.

0 Likes