Error Message...Sorry you cannot add this media
Aml3526

Whenever I try to text one person using my messaging system on my Google Pixel, it adds them to a group message  and I get the error "Sorry you cannot add this media to your message." I have texted this person individually before, but now this occurs. I am able to receive messages from them, but then it puts them right back into a group message, deletes the number, and acts like the text is sending to novone. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Error Message...Sorry you cannot add this media
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are experiencing text messaging issues with your Pixel device, Aml3526. We are committed to provide you with troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue. It is imperative that we are 100% positive of the messaging application that is acting this way, please share a screenshot of your phone showing the messaging application icon in question.

Also, when did this messaging issue start?

Did you notice if it started after updating or installing a specific application or software?

Does this happen with only one contact or multiple contacts?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove any personal information from the screenshot image before posting on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JJCRANS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with only 1 contact. Have completely removed and readded contact. Have cleared app cache. Works from default message app just not message+.

SE3168
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife was having a similar issue on a refurbished replacement S8+ using message+.  The one contact could only recieved message in a group not as an individual.

Deleted contact from phone, cloud,  cleared cache,  and switched between messaging apps.  Only on message+, she could not send an individual text message.  After some Googling this is what worked for me.

1) Make sure your contacts are saved in Google.

2) Open the basic messenger app and set to default.

3) Go to Settings -> Apps and disable message+.

4) Uninstall updates.

5) Go to Play Store and install messenger+.

6) Open messenger+ app and set to default.

My wife is now able send texts to this individual.

My best hypothesis for the cause of this issues is that this particular contact had both a mobile and land line number.  Somehow at some point the interface between messenger+ and contacts got corrupted and individual text message was trying to use the land line number and not the mobile number.  Given the error message, that would make some sense since a "text" message is a media, from the perspective of a land line, that could not be added.

0 Likes