Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel phones
Murphyfish

Hello,

Since Android 8.0 Oreo was announced yesterday by Google, I'm wondering when it will be available for the Google Pixel Phones.

Android – 8.0 Oreo

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Pixel phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Murphyfish-

Getting a software update is always so exciting. I'm eagerly anticipating this update myself. Right now, we don't have word as to when it will be available. But, you can stay in the loop by following this link: http://vz.to/1TSO9m1. As soon as the update becomes available, it will reflect next to your device. I hope you find this beneficial.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When it is officially released. It is pushing to the phones on the beta program now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
duepappagalli

Android – 8.0 Oreo​ is available immediately by joining "Android Beta Program."

Or you can wait til Verizon "Officially release it."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Pixels are on the same update release schedule as the Pixels purchased directly from Google.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was officially released to the public on August 21.

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google Pixel owners are already getting it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The name was announced on the 21st with the update "coming soon". Last I heard it was being loaded onto AOSP and it was loading on the devices in the beta program. Even if the final build is actually going to the retail devices not on the beta program, it can and will still take a few weeks to trickle down to all the eligible devices.

Considering the August security update didn't reach my Pixel until Aug 15th, I don't expect Oreo on my phone until the 1st of September.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Murphyfish-

Getting a software update is always so exciting. I'm eagerly anticipating this update myself. Right now, we don't have word as to when it will be available. But, you can stay in the loop by following this link: http://vz.to/1TSO9m1. As soon as the update becomes available, it will reflect next to your device. I hope you find this beneficial.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

To force Android Oreo, just google Oreo Beta from your phone.  Click on the site that is Android Central they has a link to the Google Beta site.  Enroll your phone, then go to your Pixel and go to Setting>About Phone>System Updates, check for update and the download will begin.  That's all there is to it, the beta is now the final release.  I installed it on my XL, mostly changes to the background OS.

Prsparty

Have all you Pixel owners received the update yet? I've got the XL and the wife has the standard but neither of us have seen the push. On Verizon

0 Likes