International roaming charges on Go Unlimited Plan?
GARPOE98

Taking a cruise to Mexico out of San Diego.  While in Mexico ports, I am covered by my Go Unlimited Plan with no extra charge.  While at sea, do I have to pay international roaming charges even though I am on an unlimited plan?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: International roaming charges on Go Unlimited Plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all the details while on your cruise is very important and I hope that you have a great time on your vacation, GARPOE98.  There would be a roaming fee while on the cruise ship.  Here is a link to our Trip planner where you can enter the name of your cruise ship for pricing details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/#/tripPlanner.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A trip to Canada sounds nice right about now, GARPOE98. I hope you enjoy yourself while there. If you have anyone of our newer unlimited plans(Go, Beyond, or Above), then Canada and Mexico is both included in your plan. Which means, you'll have unlimited talk, text, and data while in Canada. The only difference is that, once you use a 1/2 GB of LTE data, your speeds will be reduced to 2G until midnight EST.

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

Just returned from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. With the phone in airplane mode and using the ship wifi, we made several calls with wifi calling enabled. Of course, you have to pay for a wifi plan on the ship.

0 Likes
goldenemily

Last cruise in GOM to Caribbean, I got charged $97 for roaming charges and I only talked maybe 2 min and texted once.  All calls that hit your phone use the network. You get charged for every call, un answered or answered, blocked or not blocked, filtered by VZ or not spam filtered, political calls, marketing calls, dr appointment reminder calls, religious and charity solicitations... ditto for these categories as text or email but data is cheaper. Calls are $3 a min. One robo call can cost $3 if it flashes on you phone and gets blocked, or $6 if it is not blocked and has one of those annoying delays for a spam agent to pick up from the robo dialer, or $9 or more if they leave a vmail. Spam texts and emails also eat up your data but are not as expensive. Keep your phone on airplane while at sea. Get ship wifi. Use wifi to log into verizon > go to accounts > more> online texts. You can keep up with your texts here. Dont leave any message that you are out of the country with so many spam calls. Better to call your closest buddies and tell them to text you. You can turn phone on it ports if you have international plan and let all the bullS... download only while in port. Go back to airplane mode once at sea again. 

0 Likes
goldenemily

I am also very annoyed with Verizon and other providers for not allowing us to turn off incoming calls in these situations. It should be a setting. I would not mind seeing my texts.  I get about 50 such nonsense calls, texts and email a week and this adds up.  We should not have to pay for blocked and unanswered calls. Going to do not disturb does not stop the call from using the at sea network. All that does is send calls directly to vmail, and you still get charged. 

I used to leave my phone on at sea as I am a realtor and I dont mind a couple of expensive calls, but this whole attack on our cell phones have gotten out of hand. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having surprise charges is the last thing that we want for you to have once you return from your enjoyable cruise. I know I would not want them. I want to provide you with some details. Please click the following link so that you will have all the detail. Charges vary as cruise ships have their own networks associated with the ships. Please click https://www.verizon.com/plans/international/international-travel/#cruise-ship-rates .

Please let me know if you have any additional concerns. 

-Roni

0 Likes