I will be traveling in Italy and want to use GPS on my phone. How can I do that best?
RKBAUMGARTEN

Hi- I am traveling in Italy for a week and want to use GPS On my phone. How to do that best?

0 Likes
Re: I will be traveling in Italy and want to use GPS on my phone. How can I do that best?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RKBAUMGARTEN,

A trip to Italy sounds very exciting! GPS is an extremely useful feature when used abroad to discover sights and places to eat, and Italy is certainly full of those.

We can certainly provide device specific instructions for how to use the GPS and location services if you let us know what device you have, and will be taking on your trip.

Do you already have an international plan set up, or are you looking for information on this as well? If so, you can find out about our plans through this portal: http://spr.ly/6583Dl2zL

I hope this information is helpful!

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I will be traveling in Italy and want to use GPS on my phone. How can I do that best?
CHUCKA75Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got back from the UK on the TravelPass plan.  If you pre-load the map of the country you are visiting and save it to Offline Maps in the Google Map app, then in the Offline Map Settings select Download preferences > Over Wi-Fi only, the app will use your GPS and will not use data, but will give you good, real-time driving directions.  When you are ready to use it, you must select Offline Maps from the menu.