How to disable all international charge risks for S7 phone with TravelPass?
RigelDC

I have two Verizon-branded Samsung Galaxy S7 phones with International Calling and TravelPass enabled.  Next month, I am travelling to Japan for three weeks.  With TravelPass enabled, these phones will each begin incurring a charge of $10/day as soon as I leave the North American continent.  But I only need one phone to cost me an additional $210, not both.  I would like to use the other phone as ONLY a wi-fi internet device and camera such that it does not incur either the $10/day TravelPass charge or any exorbitant international charges beyond its normal monthly domestic charges.

Will either of the following accomplish this?  Do I need to do both of these to accomplish this?  Do I need to do something additional or something else to accomplish this?

A) Disable Mobile Data on the specified phone by turning Settings>Connections>Data Usage>Mobile Data to OFF.

B) Disable TravelPass on the specified phone by going to My Verizon>Menu>Data Hub>International>Manage Plans>TravelPass>Remove.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable all international charge risks for S7 phone with TravelPass?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RigelDC, with a big trip like this I know that you are anxious to have everything in order. If you do not intend to use this phone for regular service, including talk, text or data, we do suggest not having the Travel Pass, turning off the mobile data and keeping the phone in airplane mode. This way, regular phone services would be unable to connect to the local network during your vacation. We hope this is beneficial.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keeping the one phone in Airplane mode will help too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RigelDC, with a big trip like this I know that you are anxious to have everything in order. If you do not intend to use this phone for regular service, including talk, text or data, we do suggest not having the Travel Pass, turning off the mobile data and keeping the phone in airplane mode. This way, regular phone services would be unable to connect to the local network during your vacation. We hope this is beneficial.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes