Call Barring in Mexico
Automator59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been traveling in Mexico (connected via hotspot to write this) and when I make calls I sometimes get a message "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on".  The current issue is with a Mexican mobile number, but I have had this occur calling my wife, using shortcut, as well, but usually it doesn't happen then.  I am figuring I have service since I am using it to type this on my laptop connected to my Galaxy Note 5 in hotspot mode.

0 Likes
Re: Call Barring in Mexico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your phone while traveling is definitely important so I completely understand your concern Automator59.

Did you add an international plan before leaving the USA? Do you have international roaming enabled on your phone? Visit http://vz.to/2gFs2hu and select your phone model & the country you're in to get more info on service availability. You can also check to make sure the settings on your phone are correct for international use.

We need to access your account to make sure your account is set up for international services. You can contact our Global Support team by phone from a land line in Mexico by dialing 001-8442528672 or 908-559-4899. You can also reach us on Facebook or Twitter @VZWSupport for assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Call Barring in Mexico
Automator59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the travel pass added

I do not have good access to a land line and not sure how to get support on Facebook or Twitter and still not able to make the call.