"BREW" texts
Alice31

I keep getting a jumbled mess of a text from 200020002001 and I can't block it because it is more than 10 digits. What am I supposed to do? My boyfriend just got an Iphone4 and already got a text too. any help would be appreciated.

Alice

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "BREW" texts
Alice31

Also I get the text up to 10 times a day! You can't read what it says either.

0 Likes
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

This is a technical support issue.

Call Verizon, get to tech (Opt 3).

They will remove a free feature from your plan called Backup Asst Plus Sync $0.00.

This will stop the text messages. For the most part they cleaned it up.

P.S.

No this will not harm your backup assistant.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can be removed through the user's MyVerizon account online by themselves as well without calling customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Alice31. Other than these annoying jumbled "BREW" messages, I hope you and your boyfriend are enjoying your new iPhones. Out of curiosity, did you by chance have a regular handset with the Alltel Mobile Email client configured with an email account? The messages you're describing are usually from the Alltel Mobile Email system, aka Office Sync. If you did have an Alltel device where the Alltel Mobile Email was being used, it may not have been turned off properly before the phone was deactivated. Without an Alltel device active anymore, the iPhone doesn't know how to translate the notifications of new messages.

Follow me (JenniferH_VZW) and direct message me so we can get a Resolution Ticket opened and stop those frustrating messages for you both.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rach73

Honestly, I had the same issue, it is from when you go from a regular phone to a droid/i-phone and the programs aren't compatible.  One is trying to synch with the other and it keeps sending you the error messages.  I called Verizon and they were able to fix the issue.  Good Luck!

0 Likes