Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
phone received a virus...wanted $. Knew it was a scam but it continues to poop every few seconds and now my internet is not working.
Tarbee

Phone will not work due to a message sent to me.  Messages continues to pop up every few seconds and it will not let me use the internet.  Any ideas

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone received a virus...wanted $. Knew it was a scam but it continues to poop every few seconds and now my internet is not working.
mama23dogs
Legend

iphone is nearly incapable of getting a virus.  If you have a problem with your browser, clear your history and cookies.

if you continue to have problems, restore from the last backup.

0 Likes
Re: phone received a virus...wanted $. Knew it was a scam but it continues to poop every few seconds and now my internet is not working.
Weth
Legend

first try a shutdown and restart - Hold down the sleep/wake button and then when the turn off slide comes up, slide to off. To turn back on press the sleep/wake button until you see an apple logo. Also make sure all background apps are closed.

If that still doesn't work, try Settings / General / Reset / Reset all Settings

If that doesn't work, you will need to do a full erase all content and settings and restore from last icloud or itunes backup.

0 Likes