periodically losing all cellular data and have to reboot Iphone 6
voyager460

I randomly lose all cellular data and the only way to get it back is via a reboot. I have seen numerous threads regarding this problem but never a solution. Apple claims they have never heard about this anomaly. Has anyone, who has experienced this problem, have a permanent fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: periodically losing all cellular data and have to reboot Iphone 6
Weth
Legend

WIth the phone off (after pressing sleep/wake button until turn off slider shows up), did you remove and reinsert SIM card? 

0 Likes
voyager460

No. But other people have replaced theirs and in some cases exchanged the phone only for the problem to return.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Please try the SIM removal and insertion. I had this problem with an iPhone 5 and that fixed it. You can also take the phone to Verizon to get a new SIM card to see if that fixes the problem.

0 Likes
voyager460

he problem does not happen consistently. Assuming I am allowed to post a link here is where it is being discussed.

iPhone 6 internet problems (not just WiFi) | Apple Support Communities

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes you can post links.

Even if it is intermittent, the re-seating of the SIM is a good idea.

A) Turning off the phone and re-seating the SIM is a low risk move that **may** help, so try it.

B) Make sure you are on iOS 8.3 (latest version)

C) If that doesn't work, consider asking Verizon for new SIM

D) If that does not work, your iPhone is less than a year old and still covered under Apple's warranty, take it to an Apple store for diagnostics.

The resolution in that apple support forum is inconsistent. Some improved with iOS updates, others with a new phone, others keep getting it. If there was a single permanent fix you would have seen it in the Apple Support forum. You can also check macrumors forum if you haven't done that already.

0 Likes