iphone updates slow phone down?
Spottysmom

I'm just curious as to some thoughts you all might have about a conversation I had with a friend over the weekend.  This friend is always wanting the latest & greatest, never satisfied with what she has.  She bailed on Verizon 2 yrs. ago to go to AT&T.  She had a Blackberry Curve at the time but had to have an iPhone so she currently has the iPhone 3 from them.  She's now whining that she's sick of her iPhone & will not buy another when her upgrade is available in November.  According to her she said she's read all over that every time Apple does an update to the iPhone that they intentionally slow it down so that you become frustrated with it & then they come out with a new phone, hence more sales.  I haven't seen anything to that affect but don't scour the internet for hours looking up stuff like that either.  And I also believe if Apple is doing that then I believe other manufacturers, etc. would be doing the same thing, too.  I did tell her that the iphone is not meant to be a replacement to your desktop computer, just as tablets & e-readers aren't either.  She uses her phone A LOT as she has a lot of downtime in her job sitting her vehicle waiting.  Personally, I'm quite happy with my iPhone.  It does everything I want it to & then some.  I'm not a techie or computer geek, just someone who does a few things with my phone & my iPhone does all of them with relative ease.  But I'm curious if anyone has read this, heard this or even knows for a fact this is true with Apple or the Android OS? :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes