iphone 4s will not charge
cmrooney

My sons iphone 4s suddenly will not charge in a docking station.  I thought maybe it was the docking device but a new ihome also doesn't charge it although it charges via plug.  An older ipod charges on these docking stations so it is not the stations.

Any ideas?

And if I have to take it in am I better off going to a Verizon store or Apple store??

TIA

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4s will not charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmrooney, wow! That is a very strange situation going on. I wanted to clarify did your sons iPhone 4s and the new iPhone charge on the docking station before? If it did, when did you guys notice that it stopped charging? I can't wait to hear back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cmrooney

Kevin - THANK YOU for responding

He has had the iphone 4s since February and used a cheaper docking station/alarm clock that he used previously with an older ipod and it was fine.  Last week, he started being able to play music - but not charge his phone.  I didn't worry too much about it because I knew a newer iHome was under the tree....

When he docks his iPhone on this new one - it gives that quick vibrate and the battery shows charging, but when he wakes up in the morning - the iPhone battery is dead.  But then if he plugs into the wire/outlet - all good and charges fine.  The charging case I purchased for him also continues to work charging the phone.

I tried the newer station with my ipod (Nano 4G) - and it worked fine.

I couldn't get into an Apple Store until Monday, so we went to Verizon.  From what I looked up online - it was a center with a Tech Support group.  But instead, I got an Assistant Manager who continuously spoke down to me, figured my son didn't know how to dock his phone etc etc.  Basically, he told me and my 18 year old that we must be mistaken.  He did Google search it for me (didn't have the heart to tell the jack a$$ that always is my first line of defense) and told me maybe it was a software update issue.  My son did update his phone - although I am not completely sure he has installed all corrections and patches.....that I something I will verify in the AM.

I agree this doesn't sound right - I am a fairly technical person (although much more comfy in a PC world....)

Any help/suggestions you might have a completely welcome and appreciated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details  & all you have done to try to combat this problem. Since the device does charge with a wall charger, it's hard to say why it no longer charges with the docking station unless something with the newer software prevents this.
We would need to reach out to our friends who can contact the software team at Apple to see what can be done to get your son a full charge while using the docking station again. 

0 Likes