imessage not working
eandmwilson
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I'm at home with wifi, my iMessage works, but when I leave home it will not work and neither will my facetime.  How can I get it to work?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: imessage not working
rcschnoor
Legend

If I am not mistaken, iMessage uses your data allowance instead of using your texting allowance.

As a result, there is a setting in iMessage which has the option of restricting your messages to be sent/received only when on wifi. You may have this setting set as such. If you change your setting to allow it over mobile data, then iMessage should work when you are using cellular data.

rcschnoor
Legend

Just keep in mind if you send a lot of photos/videos via iMessage when on cellular data, you will eat thru your data allowance at quite a quick rate.

0 Likes
eandmwilson
Enthusiast - Level 1

we have the data plan, but when I try to use imessage it says it needs verification...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Like Superman, here I am to save the day! I can help with your iMessage eandmwilson. May I ask how many Apple devices do you own? Do you have the same Apple ID on more than one Apple devices? If so then I would suggest logging out of the other devices during the testing process of this issue. Also, please verify that you are logged into the phone in Settings under the correct Apple ID. After you do so, please retest and let me know your findings.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes