Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
iPhone X issues
Jcorder
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I each switched to iPhone X in February.  Neither device has worked properly since we got them.  We are trying to conduct business with these phone and losing money and customers.  People try to call us and the phones do not ring, they try to text us and we do not get the text messages, we try to send text messages or photos and they will not go.  We have contacted Verizon numerous times, spoke with tier 2 support, reset phones and nothing helped.  We have been to the Apple store, 2 hours away and they did nothing.  Today I spoke with a Verizon supervisor and she offered to give us $50 per phone off so we would only have to pay $100 each to get our phones that are still under a manufacturers warrantee replaced under insurance.  I can't understand why I have to pay over $230 a month for service I do not get and then pay more to fix phones that I did not break.  If anyone can give me suggestions, I would appreciate it.  If the suggestion is to switch networks, tell me which is best.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your business and don't want to lose you, JEFCOR47. I know how important it is to have reliable service, especially for your business. 

Where are you located (zip)? Is the issue only when indoors? May I ask why you were advised to have the phone replaced through the insurance? 

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jcorder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello John,

We are very frustrated. We have tried doing the factory resets, going through all types of tier two checks and no one can answer why we are having issues with both phones. We are in Ohio, 43812 is the zip. The supervisor I spoke with said she could not send us out replacements that we would have to go to insurance to have them replaced. We have since contacted Apple and we are returning their for the third time so they can tell us it is Verizon’s fault.

Jeff Corder

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to provide resolution. Please tell me, are you having data issues, and what other troubleshooting steps you have tried?

0 Likes
Jcorder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Craig S,

The problems began not long after we got the phones in February.  We started not being able to send messages to anyone with or without and iPhone.  We try and send the message and we get the little I in the circle and tells us not delivered.  We have to try and resend many times, sometimes it goes and sometimes it does not.  We have people ask why we did not answer them and it is because we never got the text.  Many times we will get a voicemail and the phone will never ring.  We lose things on our calendar when we put them in.  The iPhone X is by far the worst device we have ever had.  We have been through tier two support many times, resetting the phone to new phone settings, resetting carrier settings.  We were told it is a Apple issue, we drove 70 miles to the Apple store on two occasions for them to tell us it is a Verizon problem.  We used to have a Verizon corporate store in our town, but it went away, now we have to drive 45 miles to a Verizon Store.  We have yet another trip scheduled to the Apple store this Sunday because the Verizon Supervisor I spoke with on the phone told me that I would have to pay Assurion $100 per phone to have them replaced.  I am frustrated that I pay $230 per month and can't use the phones with confidence in our business.  I have no idea how much business we have lost because of them.  If the issue is not resolved at the Apple store, we will consider changing phone providers to see if they can resolve our issue since Verizon has not.

0 Likes