iPhone Promotion Expiring Before I Receive Phone?
ndissim

I placed an order for an iPhone 7 with a new account and phone number (I am coming over from AT&T). I want to trade in my old iPhone 6 to receive the $650 promotional credit. My concern is this promotion will end before I receive my phone (which is Oct. 19). From my understanding, I am to initiate the trade-in after I receive the new phone and access my new Verizon account via phone number (which I don't know yet).

I didn't apprize my iPhone 6 during checkout because it was prompting me to "login" to my Verizon account to get the $650 iPhone 7 Promo. I don't have a Verzion account yet -- so that's the catch 22.

Are my concerns valid? Does anyone know when this promotion ends? I didn't see any expiration dates in the fine print.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone Promotion Expiring Before I Receive Phone?
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Happy to clarify the promotion for you ndissim. We certainly don't want you to miss out on this great deal. Great news! As long as you place your order for the iPhone 7 prior to 9/30/16, you will qualify for the promotion. At this time, we will be accepting trade in submissions through the end of the year.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
zangy_vzw
Verizon Employee

ndissim, the iPhone 7 trade in promotion is great. Let’s clear this up. At this time, we do not have an end date for the trade in promotion. Once you activate the iPhone 7, you will log in My Verizon and submit the trade in. The promotional value will automatically show up.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ndissim

Thank you.

All promotions must end -- so hopefully Verizon does it long after the back-orders clear. Otherwise it would be a bit unfair to new and existing customers who are waiting for their phones to ship.

0 Likes
westkeum

Thanks for this info.

However when I looked today on verizon website it says the promotion ends 9/30.

Will I be eligible for promotional trade in as long as I placed my order before 9/30?

Also, they did not appraise my current device when I placed order at the store. They just did it as a new device purchase under payment plan.

Thanks,

0 Likes
ndissim

Hi,

Can you send me a link to where you saw that 9/30 end date?

This could be conflicting information based on what "ZangY_VZW" told me. If 9/30 is indeed the end date, I will not be able to take advantage of this promo because I won't be activating my new iPhone 7 until mid to late October (based on current shipping estimations).

Thanks

0 Likes
westkeum

It's in the main page of verizon right now. They added the comment "limited time offer. Ends 9/30" which I did not see until yesterday.

I'm assuming they will take the old device in for promo value as long as the order for the new device was placed before 9/30, but need someone at Verizon to confirm that.

0 Likes
ndissim

Ah yes. I see it now too -- 09.30.16.

I would like to see that confirmation too as I'm in a similar situation.

I will be activating my phone and registering for my online Verizon account well past that 9/30 expiration date due to delayed shipping.

0 Likes
EastCoastRN

I'm in the same boat...I'm scared because my phone's ship date is mid October, by the time it gets here and I send in my 6, they will be like "oh sorry now you only get $200 for it since the promotion has ended"...and I've been checking my order status several times a day because I've heard they have been randomly cancelling pre orders without a reason!

0 Likes
ndissim

Yes, that would be a very bad start to my new relationship with Verizon.

I'm tempted to go to my local Verizon Store and ask if they can initiate the trade in for my order, but they probably can't help me.

0 Likes
Yanks12025
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told "As long as you bought the phone between the dates(guessing they meant before 9/30). Then your phone will still count for the promo

0 Likes