iPhone 8 won't connect to 3g or 1x
zeppelin1293

Hi! My iPhone 8 does not connect to 3g or 1x when disabling LTE or out of LTE range. I replicated the issue on multiple iPhone 8 devices, even within the Verizon store. Apple swapped out my iPhone for a new one and the issue persisted. The issue is not present on any other kind of iPhone. We tested it on the 7, X, and 8 plus. If anyone can offer advice on what to do that would be great. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 8 won't connect to 3g or 1x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi zeppelin1293,

I'm sorry for any issues with your iPhone 8. I'd love to help. Is this a feature that you use on a regular basis, and has it worked differently in the past? Though this is a feature that is on the phone, it should change to 3G service if 4G is not available. What zip code are you in? Do you find yourself in 3G areas more than 4G areas?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zeppelin1293

Hi!

I don't routinely turn off LTE, but I am occasionally in areas without LTE service, predominantly out in state parks in New York or Arizona (like 4 or 5 times a month). I'm in 10010, so where I live this isn't routinely a problem unless I'm in a basement.

Again, I could replicate this issue on other iPhone 8's in the Verizon store with the employee there to see it. It wasn't a problem on the 7, X, or 8 plus.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, zeppelin1293. Let's figure this out. Have you checked the phone for any updates in the software? (settings/general/software update) Have you checked the feature before, and it did give you the option, or has it always been like that? Please elaborate for me, thanks

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zeppelin1293

I have and it has always been like that. I also tried my SIM on my iPhone 6s and it works there. How can I get this resolved? No one has been able to help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the steps you have taken, zeppelin1293. After disabling LTE, what does your phone display since it is unable to connect to 3G or 1X? Are you able to toggle airplane mode to connect to service? Please provide your software version. You can view this information under Settings>General>About>Version.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes