iPhone 4s taking hours to recieve SMS messages?!
fisch10

For about the past week I have been receiving texts hours after they were sent, and I even received a text around 9 hours after it was sen. I have the iPhone 4s on Verizon Wireless. All iMessages work fine for me but I seem to have difficulty getting regular texts in.  I have been reading many other discussions and forums on this issue and still haven't gotten the issue resolved.  Unlike others, I seem to be having this issue occur with most people that are texting me in SMS.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s taking hours to recieve SMS messages?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fisch10
I'm sorry to hear your having difficulties with sending text messages. I know how important text messaging is! let's get this fixed quickly!

Please delete all old text messages.  Do you have a signature on your text messages? For example " sent from fisch10's phone" If so please remove and retest. Please update the towers the device searches for by dialing *228 then press send and choose option 2.

Try these steps and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
himimak

I recently got my iphone4s and I am having same problem. Tried to *228 and I do not have a signature...Anything else work??? Seems that this is a common problem...

0 Likes
ashleydale00

I'm having the same issue. I receive messages from other iphone users fine but my SMS don't come for hours later. It usually happens while I'm at work. I can receive phone calls and messages from others on iphone but anything sent from other cell phones don't show up on my phone until I leave work. There are others that sit around me with iphones that don't seem to have any issues.  I do use our company's wifi during the day, so wondering if that has anything to do with it. I've gone through all my phone's settings so don't think it's something set up on the phone. It's just frustrating because I can be waiting on a response from someone but won't get it until hours later. I did just upgrade from a LG Vortex, which had the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show that phone who's boss, ashleydale00! I'm sorry you've been having this problem through two different devices. With that information, we know its not an issue exclusive to the iPhone, but rather something within the account settings or network. Do all messages take hours to come in, or only specific users? Because its happening while at work, it could be interference within that building. Do others have Verizon service with no trouble? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes