Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
iPhone 13: Camera Unknown part notification/ I think I got some a refurbished phone as NEW
MojicaM

I ordered the new iPhone 13 pro max, it was on back order and I finally got one shipped 12/3.

about a week ago I got a notification that the camera has an “unknown part”, no big deal - camera was acting normal

then 2 days ago, it wouldn’t zoom out to .05

now it will only zoom to 1x

I went to the apple store and they said that whatever part the camera was replaced with wasn’t authentic and they referred me back to Verizon

I started reading up on it and the IOS 15.2 added a “parts and history” service and mine had it even though it was supposed to be a BRAND NEW PHONE ordered directly from Verizon

which could only mean the sold me a refurbished phone

Has anyone ran into this before?

I went in to the Verizon store and they said they have no phones in stock so I had to call the 800 number.

the 800 number they gave me doesn’t work so I had to go back again so they can get someone to call me back

I have been on hold for about an hour and 12 minutes because they tried to send me to Assurion for a replacement phone that IS AGAIN refurbished.

no thank you, I want a brand new phone.

I need help!!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes