how to get data from my iphone 5S in Israel for 2 weeks
aeboss

Any advice on how to get data service in Israel.  I have heard that I can just find a hot spot,

but I also heard that I will need to unlock my phone and then go buy a sim card and then a

data plan.  I just want to be able to email, text, and Skype or Facetime with the US.

Thanks for any good advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to get data from my iphone 5S in Israel for 2 weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aeboss,   We want you to be able to enjoy using your phone in Israel. There are a couple of options to be able to use data on your device. If you would like to avoid any additional costs you can place an international SIM card into the device from a local carrier to use. This will prevent any additional data costs on your VZW bill. Also since your iPhone is already unlocked you should be able to just place an international SIM in the device and use it as long as the network and device are compatible. There is also an option to turn off data on your device and just use the free wifi available as you are traveling.   The third option that would allow you to use data is to add an international data package onto your line. Check out the details of this option here... http://vz.to/1FrWdke  LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how to get data from my iphone 5S in Israel for 2 weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aeboss,   We want you to be able to enjoy using your phone in Israel. There are a couple of options to be able to use data on your device. If you would like to avoid any additional costs you can place an international SIM card into the device from a local carrier to use. This will prevent any additional data costs on your VZW bill. Also since your iPhone is already unlocked you should be able to just place an international SIM in the device and use it as long as the network and device are compatible. There is also an option to turn off data on your device and just use the free wifi available as you are traveling.   The third option that would allow you to use data is to add an international data package onto your line. Check out the details of this option here... http://vz.to/1FrWdke  LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes