data usuage
brandee1

Has anyone used google photos to store your photos from your phone on? I think it has been using my data

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usuage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can use your data plan if it is allowed to backup via the cellular network instead of just Wi-Fi. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@brandee1 wrote:

Has anyone used google photos to store your photos from your phone on? I think it has been using my data

Yes, there is a setting in Google Photos where you can back up your photos ONLY on wifi. Of course, you have to turn that setting on in order to not use cellular data when backing up your photos.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
brandee1, great question. Do you Backup your device when you are not connected to Wi-Fi?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

@brandee1 wrote:

Yes, I use it on all my mobile devices.  The default setting is to use Wifi while plugged into power to back up.  

Look in your main phone settings, under data usage to see what is using your data. Each app is listed.

D4DBA8B3-61B8-4AA6-BF5E-B5F0D00DA48D.png0688AF0C-5CD9-47DC-ADC7-8C98C67B5A7D.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NewOldcustomer wrote:

@brandee1 wrote:

Yes, I use it on all my mobile devices.  The default setting is to use Wifi while plugged into power to back up.  

Look in your main phone settings, under data usage to see what is using your data. Each app is listed.

D4DBA8B3-61B8-4AA6-BF5E-B5F0D00DA48D.png0688AF0C-5CD9-47DC-ADC7-8C98C67B5A7D.png

Those images are from an android phone. The data usage counter is different on the iPhone. It is similar, but it doesn't allow you to filter the usage per billing cycle date. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes