“answered on another device”
Alexis21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having issues receiving calls? hardly anyone can get through to me, bc it forwards to some other number (this other number has texted family and friends asking who they are bc they’re always getting my calls). their number isn’t remotely close to mine. and from what i can tell they don’t have an iphone. i’ve looked in my settings - call forwarding is off and i’ve never even used it before. i’ve dialed *73 and *920 to make sure i don’t have my calls forwarded. i’ve changed my apple ID password etc.

this is going on 3.5 months now. and progressively getting worse. i’m starting to think someone may have an old sim card of mine i sent back and it wasn’t fully wiped? i’m unsure. but at this rate, have young children in school and a military spouse, i can’t be missing calls. and i’m sure this other person is very annoyed as well. (even crazier is this person has a las vegas number, and i too have a las vegas number - i’m not in vegas though and haven’t been for 11 years.) 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: “answered on another device”
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to make sure you receive your calls. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note, Alexis21. Rebecca

Alexis21
Enthusiast - Level 1

if i knew how to do that, i would. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to figure out what is happening with your calls, Alexis21! I've sent you a Private Note to assist.-Nikki

0 Likes
Kacordaro

Was this ever resolved? I’m having the same exact issue. @Alexis21 @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. We will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays in receiving a return message.

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Kacordaro. We are here to help. Have you checked into the Apple ID's signed in on each device? When did this issue begin? Anecdotally, we notice this issue most often occurs when a new iPhone is being setup. 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
Jarushton

I am having the exact same issue. The first time we called Verizon they told us to reset the network. The second time they had is download a digital secure Verizon safe app which I have yet to see how that would even be helpful they have also turned off our call forwarding. I use this phone for work so this needs to be fixed and now one seems to know how to assist! Very frustrating 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jarushton, making sure my device receives the correct calls is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what happens when you factory reset and enter the new Apple ID on the set up?

-Rodney

0 Likes
Cmuellner

Any resolve on this issue? I am having the exact same problem.

0 Likes