Wi-fi
Msboot
So frustrated!!! When I try to connect to wi-fi all network options I see require a password. None of which I know. Please help!!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wi-fi
21stNow
Master - Level 1

If you are trying to access your own network, follow the instructions given by rcschnoor.  If it is a public access point, such as a car dealership or other business, ask the cashier or other employee for the network password.  If it is your neighbors' Wi-fi signals that you are seeing, they have made their network password protected to prevent other people (you!) from using their network.

Some businesses, like Starbucks, make their signals available without a password, but you have to agree to their terms and conditions before you can use the service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That has to do with the network you are trying to access, not your iPhone. For it not to request a password, you will have to disable security on the network.

Good news is that once you do input the password, there is the option to "remember" the network so you won't have to input the password everytime you access the network.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

If you are trying to access your own network, follow the instructions given by rcschnoor.  If it is a public access point, such as a car dealership or other business, ask the cashier or other employee for the network password.  If it is your neighbors' Wi-fi signals that you are seeing, they have made their network password protected to prevent other people (you!) from using their network.

Some businesses, like Starbucks, make their signals available without a password, but you have to agree to their terms and conditions before you can use the service.

0 Likes