Why do I have Duplicated Phone Listings?
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

What causes duplicated phone listing on my iphone 4? How do i stop this from happening? Can i view my phone listings i itunes?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicated Phone Listings
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me. You will likely need to erase all the contacts either manually or with a master reset.  An important thing to note is if the contacts are duplicated in your syncing source. If so, you will need to manually fix the duplicates before syncing.

1) Erase all contacts from the phone after ensuring that the contacts are properly stored on the PC you are syncing with.

2) Sync the phone with the PC that has the correct contacts.

3) Ensure that you only sync with 1 PC to prevent duplicate contacts from appearing.

Steps to erase iPhone.

*Note: Depending on how many contacts you have, it may be easier to delete the duplicate contacts manually and back it up using iTunes.

Good luck!

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Hi workingman:

I'd like to help you with your duplicate contacts. There are many causes of duplicate contacts, but they are likely solvable. To know where to start, I need a few questions answered:

How did you get your contacts into your phone?

Were the duplicates there right away, or did they appear once you used a program?

The most common cause of duplicate contacts is syncing with 2 different contact management programs. If you know what program you're syncing with, are they duplicated there as well?

Please answer the above questions, and we'll get on a path to resolution for you.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW

0 Likes
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

I think i know why they duplicated. I was syncing on 2 PC's, so i turned off syncing to my iphone on 1 of them. How do i get rid of the duplicates it caused?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me. You will likely need to erase all the contacts either manually or with a master reset.  An important thing to note is if the contacts are duplicated in your syncing source. If so, you will need to manually fix the duplicates before syncing.

1) Erase all contacts from the phone after ensuring that the contacts are properly stored on the PC you are syncing with.

2) Sync the phone with the PC that has the correct contacts.

3) Ensure that you only sync with 1 PC to prevent duplicate contacts from appearing.

Steps to erase iPhone.

*Note: Depending on how many contacts you have, it may be easier to delete the duplicate contacts manually and back it up using iTunes.

Good luck!

MikeS_VZW