Was dropped from BOGO promotion iphone xr
Popurriko
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the BOGO promotion in 1/19: 2 iphone xr for price of 1, bought at a physical store with a verizon supplier. I paid for one phone almost in full ($100 remaining that they did not allow me to pay off) and the other phone was to be paid in monthly installments with a monthly rebate for the same amount. The salesperson said that I could pay off the remaining $100 a month later. I moved to another state, went to a verizon store and paid off the remaining $100.

At no time did either store inform me that if I paid off that remaining $100 that I would lose my monthly rebates. I called the original store and they said they had no idea that the promotion would be lost and did not think that was the correct information. 

BEWARE THE BOGO DEAL. SELLERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BOGO DEAL.

now I am out $700.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Was dropped from BOGO promotion iphone xr
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, we never want there to be any confusion at all regarding promotions, Popurriko. It's vital that you have the right expectations and I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned. To clarify, you need to maintain a device payment agreement for the full 24 months in order to receive all promotional credits and cancelling the device payment agreement earlier would stop the promotional credits. You can see #6 of the "Buy One, Get One Promotions (BOGO)" section of this article for the details: http://spr.ly/6607E5qmL Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Popurriko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to get my rebate back? I would have never paid off the remaining balance of that phone if I were told that it would invalidate my promo. These people represent Verizon, and when I speak to them I assume that they will give me the correct information. I was assured by the salesperson that it would be fine to pay it off. They (2 stores) are probably continuing to tell others that it is ok, which leads to Verizon getting phone calls from angry customers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unfortuantely, once a promotion is found inelgible due to a buy-out, we would not be able to place the promotion back onto the account.

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Popurriko
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is truly appalling. I’m out $700 because two professionals in two different states wearing Verizon name tags in verizon stores gave me the wrong information, and the company at large refuses to take any responsibility for it. 

I called Verizon and they said that they are getting numerous complaints about this very issue. Great that they are blaming the customer for it and not taking steps to educate their retailers. 

0 Likes