Transfer upgrade
sawwas66

If i transfer my upgrade from basic to my smartphone will i have to give up unlimitied data service.  I know the basic phone will have to extend the contract for 2 more years will i also have to extend the contract on the smart phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer upgrade
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

DON'T transfer your upgrade. Upgrade using your basic line. When you get the phone, before you ever turn it on, call into customer support and ask them for help switching over to the data line and make sure to state you don't want to lose your unlimited.

As I've said in the other discussions, if the first rep can't help you do this or tells you it can't be done or you'll lose your unlimited....hang up, call back and keep on doing this until you get a rep that can help you. Browse around in some of the other forum discussions. This has been covered and there's a lot of good info. You want to upgrade on your basic line though. Don't transfer. When you have the phone activated to the data line it will cancel out your basic line from moving into a data contract. It'll renew the contract for 2 years but won't change your actual plan.

0 Likes
sawwas66

Thanks for the info i will do it this way.  The good thing is the basic phone also has a 50.00 credit so i wont have to pay the full 299 i want the 32G.  I cant justify the 64g i have been trying but i cant.  Can you tell me if you have the Iphone and have you had any issues?  I have been checking on the web and reviews its kind of 50/50.

0 Likes
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is coming Monday finally!! I'll give you some feedback when I get it. I also got the 32gb. I know about the plan change over because we did it first hand with my wife's phone. Follow the steps I listed, including calling back over and over if you have to, and you'll have no issue keeping your unlimited.

I had some doubts too with the i5 because of reviews. I actually have a topic in the forums asking if it's worth the hype. Hopefully most of the problems are with ios6 which over time will fix when they issue updates. You get that with any new software. Now as to the chips and dings people are finding out of the box, that's more my concern!! We'll see come Monday!

0 Likes