Transfer Contacts from Verizon website to iphone 5S.
BrendaT123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings!

I just bought the iPhone 5S.  The salesman was not able to transfer my contacts at the store from my old phone (and it's old - about 4 years old!).  He suggested to go to the App Store, then to the Cloud to transfer the contacts.  It keeps asking for a Verizon Online Backup and Sharing username/password, but I have never set this up before (how do I do this?  It's apparently NOT the same as the Verizon website username/password).  In any case, I did log on to the Verizon website and found my contacts in the 'cloud' (I think that is where it is) BUT when I click where it says "sync" device, it says my device doesn't utilize this feature!!  Can someone help clue me in as to what I am doing wrong?  I also have photos on my old phone that I'd love to transfer, but I've been told I'd have to contact tech support for that one.  help!!!!  thanks!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer Contacts from Verizon website to iphone 5S.
BrendaT123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there TominqueBo_VZW!

Thank you for your reply!  I had just called tech support a few minutes ago.  They were also not able to get VZ Backup to work for me.  They were also not able to get the phone contacts to sync from the website.  They had me download the Backup Assistant app, which was successful in transferring my contacts to my new phone!!  Yay!

I had once tried to get the photos uploaded from my old phone (one of those Samsung "slide" phones...they slide open with a mini keyboard) to my computer, and it never worked - I might have to contact tech support another time to troubleshoot that!

Thanks so much!

-BrendaT123 Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new iPhone 5s BrendaT123! Let's look further into this. Which make/model is your old device? Are you able to save the pictures to a computer? If your contacts are in iCloud from your phone you can navigate to Settings>iCloud>Enter your login credentials(Apple ID and password)>Turn Contacts On to sync. If your contacts are in Backup Assistant online you can try exporting the contacts to a CSV file here http://vz.to/1uFUa4Z and importing them to an email address as seen here http://vz.to/1uFUlgB After those steps are completed you can sync your iPhone with your email contacts by navigating to Settings>Mail, Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>Select Email Account>Next>Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned on. The switch should be green>Save at the top of your screen. Please share if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
BrendaT123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there TominqueBo_VZW!

Thank you for your reply!  I had just called tech support a few minutes ago.  They were also not able to get VZ Backup to work for me.  They were also not able to get the phone contacts to sync from the website.  They had me download the Backup Assistant app, which was successful in transferring my contacts to my new phone!!  Yay!

I had once tried to get the photos uploaded from my old phone (one of those Samsung "slide" phones...they slide open with a mini keyboard) to my computer, and it never worked - I might have to contact tech support another time to troubleshoot that!

Thanks so much!

-BrendaT123 Smiley Happy

0 Likes